Webcast: Data Governance and the Dodd-Frank Act
Financial institutions benefit from data governance practices in general, but with the impending implementation of the Dodd-Frank Act, setting the wheels in motion now can save time, money and effort later. Data governance requires best practices, policies, a metadata management strategy and the right tools to ensure you are avoiding critical failure points for utilizing your information assets.
Please join David Loshin, data governance industry expert during this informative webcast to learn how data governance, data modeling and metadata management can be implemented to support financial stability and the Dodd-Frank Act.
Joining David is David Dichmann, Sr. Product Manager for Sybase PowerDesigner. After David Loshin’s presentation on Data Governance, David Dichmann provides a brief overview of how PowerDesigner, Sybase’s industry leading modeling tool, breaks data silos and allows you to build a solid data governance practice.
Financial Data Governance topics covered during the webcast:
- Why instituting data governance best practices will reduce your efforts when DFA is implemented
- The importance of capturing, sharing, and exchanging knowledge throughout the development life cycle to streamline implementation
- The need to maintain a high visibility of the underlying data concepts and corresponding business process dependencies to improve data quality
- How to support the integration of data governance policies and practices to enhance data repurposing across the enterprise
- How enterprise metadata management provides visibility to your data to establish and remain in compliance with DFA regulations
The absence of data governance standards may be a critical failure point for implementing policies from the Dodd-Frank Act – don’t find yourself in that position!