The Advantages of Sybase's Real-Time and Historical Platform for Capital Markets
Effective use of all available information lies at the heart of better trading. Increasing fragmentation in markets and
data sources, along with relentlessly increasing market data message rates, puts unprecedented demands on data
and analytics infrastructure of front and middle offices. Further, competitive pressures demand that processes, which
formally ran over periods of hours or days, to intraday or even in milliseconds.
In today’s electronic trading environments, sources of information include at least:
- Low latency market data, often for several asset classes and from multiple sources.
- Position and trade information.
- Reference data.
- Index data.
- Coded news feeds.
- Fundamental data.
- Economic data.
Integrating and aggregating this disparate information in both real-time and for historical research is a significant
challenge. These data come from varied sources and in different formats. In addition, the most up to date “snapshots”
for each type of data must be maintained for real-time analysis.
The Sybase capital markets platform stack meets all the demanding requirements in today’s electronic trading
environment. In brief, the Sybase platform stack uniquely delivers unprecedented flexibility, scalability, reliability, and
capacity for data and analytical infrastructure, and meets the following requirements:
- Integrate all available data which fully exploits available information in real-time, improves trading effectiveness
which provides a sustainable competitive advantage.
- Enterprise grade platform maintains continuous electronic operations and reduce life-cycle costs.
- High scalability and throughput performs real-time streaming analytics and historical research on massive and
increasing volumes of market data and other data.
- Massive capacity to capture, store, and replay pentabyte quantities of market data and other information.
- Seamless real-time and historical data integration supports backtesting and rapid migration to production of new
analytics and algorithms, using rich data sources, reducing time to market.
- Comprehensive tools supports the integration all available data sources, improves time to market, and reduce lifecycle