The current release line (3.x) of the Sybase Aleri Streaming Platform supports UTF-8 encoded data within data streams, but with the following limitations:
- UTF-8 encoded data is supported in source streams (input streams) and derived streams (including output streams). Thus events streamed or loaded into Source Streams may contain UTF-8 encoded data, and this data is correctly carried through the model. Testing has shown that the server and studio are able to receive, store, display and output UTF-8 encoded data.
- Adapters have not been tested with (non-ASCII) UTF-8 data.
- Most operators and string functions, however, are not supported for non-ASCII data. The only operators supported for non-ASCII UTF-8 strings are =, <, >. The use of non-ASCII string data in expressions in any other way (including filter expressions) is not supported.
- Constants and literals cannot be assigned UTF-8 values outside the ASCII range.
- Non-ASCII characters are not supported in the metadata – such as stream names, column names, etc
- At this time, the Studio interface, error messages, logs, etc are only supported in English