- "Page Cannot Be Displayed: Intended Relay Server could not be contacted"
- "500 Internal Server Error"
- Windows OS (Windows 2003 SP2 Enterprise tested)
- Pylon Anywhere (versions 8.0.2 and higher)
- Web browser (tested IE 6.x)
- Shared File System directory, syncDB.db and syncDB.log have been restored after a fresh install/reinstallation
- the Web PIM should be inaccessible (before the restoration, the Web PIM was accessible)
ObjectiveTo provide a simple walk through on how to make the user’s Web PIM accessible again after restoration of Shared File System and SyncDB database and log file.
Note: This was tested using Pylon Anywhere 8.0.2
- Close the Pylon Anywhere Admin Console
- Open up the web browser and open //localhost/sgadmin
- Click on Enterprise Info
- Check the box next to the Enterprise Name and click Remove Enterprise.
- Close the web browser and wait to make sure that the memory on the server is not spiking. You can check this by going to:
- Task Manager
- CPU Usage
- Open the Pylon Anywhere Admin Console once the CPU usage on the server has stabilized
- Go to any user under:
- Users and right-click and select 'Use Website As User'
- You should now see the WebPIM displayed correctly.