Moderation Guidelines - Using Sybase Community Forums/Newsgroups
TeamSybase provides moderation services for all Community Forums/Newsgroups to ensure that the following guidelines are enforced with regard to the removal of inappropriate, non-topical and/or offensive content.
Posts may be removed in the following cases:
- When the content of the post is not relevant to the forum within which it is posted. Advertisements, Help Wanted Ads, etc should be posted in the news.classifieds Community Forums/Newsgroups.
- When the post contains profanity, obscenities, racist remarks or is abusive of another forum member in any manner.
- When the post is of a personal nature or contains personal information about a forum member.
- When the post contains an attachment that contains a virus or is otherwise incomplete.
- When the post has been added to multiple Community Forums/Newsgroups and the contents make it irrelevant or inappropriate for those Community Forums/Newsgroups.
- When the post is non-technical and deemed irrelevant to the newsgroup in which they are posted. This may include discussions as to whether a post should be removed.
Posts will NOT be removed in the following cases:
- When the post contains constructive criticism of one of our products. This criticism may generate a conversation that could prove to be useful in shaping our products in the future.
- When the message has been cross posted to multiple Community Forums/Newsgroups but the contents make it relevant for those Community Forums/Newsgroups.
Reporting a Post
- If you believe a post is inappropriate, has been posted as spam, or you have a suggestion on how our newsgroups could better serve the public, we want to hear from you.
- Use this Feedback link to send us your thoughts.
- Please state the words "Community Forums" or "Newsgroups" in the comment.
NOTE: Sybase may or may not contact you regarding your feedback or suggestion. Decisions made to remove posts are final.