When Microsoft released Windows 2003, additional steps were taken to tighten security, particularly web server security. One of these steps is the installation of Internet Explorer Enhanced Security Configuration. This component has the undesired effect of causing a login prompt to appear when you try to access the inventory reporter, and the Chat administration console also produces errors.
By default, Windows 2003 installs the Internet Explorer Enhanced Security Configuration component. If this component is installed, local NetBIOS names are not considered to be in the Intranet zone. Because of this enhanced Internet security configuration, some portions of the Manage Anywhere Studio console may not function correctly.
To enable these features complete the following steps
- On the Primary Command Server, open the Control Panel.
- Double-click Internet Options.
- Click the Security tab.
- Select Local Intranet Zone, and then click the Sites button.
- In the Add This Web Site to the Zone field, type http://servername, where servername is the name of the server as it appears in the Manage Anywhere Server Admin Console.
- Click Add button to add the site.
Once the site is added, you may need to close and then reopen any browser windows before the changes take effect.
You must perform these steps on any server or remote console that is affected. Alternatively, you can uninstall the Internet Explorer Enhanced Security Configuration windows component using the Add/Remove Programs in the Control Panel.