Targeted ASE 15.x Release Schedule and CR list Information
The purpose of this document is to help Sybase customers obtain a general idea of future Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) EBF schedules and the bug fixes that they are expected to contain. Please be sure to read the Disclaimer and General Notes below.
Disclaimer: This document lists the targeted (not committed) EBF release dates and the targeted fixed CR list for each EBF. Please be aware that the purpose of this posting is solely to provide you, our customers with estimated release dates and targeted CR lists. Sybase does not commit to releasing EBFs on the specified dates or to including the CR fixes in the said EBF. While every effort will be made to meet the said targets, changes can occur at any time. It is also possible (although unlikely) that Sybase may decide not to release an EBF that was previously scheduled for release.
This document will be updated monthly. Be sure to check this site frequently so you are kept informed of any changes to the postings below.
|Release #||Release Type||Targeted Release Date||Release Status||Targeted
|Date Last Modified||Notes|
|15.0||MR||Aug, 2005||Released||CR list||Jun 2, 2006||Released Sep 2005|
|15.0||ESD #1||Nov, 2005||Released||CR list||Feb 10, 2006||Released Nov 2005|
|15.0||ESD #2||Jun, 2006||Released||CR list||Jul 31, 2006||Released Jun 2006|
|15.0.1||IR||Aug, 2006||Released||CR list||Jul 31, 2006||Released Aug 2006|
|15.0.1||ESD #1||Nov, 2006||Released||CR list||Jan 9, 2007||Released Nov 2006|
|15.0.1||ESD #2||Feb, 2007||Released||CR list||Feb 15, 2007||Released Feb 2007|
|15.0.1||ESD #3||May, 2007||Released||CR list||May 17, 2007||Released May 2007|
|15.0.2||IR||Jun, 2007||Released||CR list||Jun 25, 2007||Released Jun 2007|
|15.0.2||ESD #1||Sept, 2007||Released||CR list||Sept 24, 2007||Released Sep 2007|
|15.0.2||ESD #2||Dec, 2007||Released||CR list||Jan 5, 2008||Released Dec 2007|
|15.0.2||ESD #3||Apr, 2008||Released||CR list||Apr 14, 2008||No longer available|
|15.0.2||ESD #4||Apr, 2008||Released||CR list||Apr 14, 2008||Released Apr 2008|
|15.0.2||ESD #5||Jun, 2008||Released||CR list||Jul 2, 2008||Released Jun 2008|
|15.0.2||ESD #6||Sep, 2008||Released||CR list||Mar 27, 2009||Released Sep 2008|
|15.0.3||IR||Dec, 2008||Released||CR list||Mar 27, 2009||Released Dec 2008|
|15.0.3||ESD #1||Apr, 2009||Released||CR list||Dec 03, 2008||Released Apr 2009|
|15.0.3||ESD #2||Aug, 2009||Released||CR list||Oct 15, 2009||Released Aug 2009|
|15.0.3||ESD #3||Jan, 2010||Released||CR list||Jan 21, 2010||Released Jan 2010|
|15.0.3||ESD #4||Sep, 2010||Released||CR list||Sep 23, 2010||Released Sep 2010|
|15.0.3||ESD #4.1||Jun, 2012||Released||CR list||Jul 18, 2012||Released Jul 2012|
|15.0.3||ESD #4.2||Dec, 2012||Released||CR list||Jan 7, 2013||Released Dec 2012|
|15.0.3||ESD #4.3||Jul, 2013||Released||CR list||Sep 12, 2013||Released Jul 2013|
|15.0.3||ESD #4.4||Jul, 2014||On Target||CR list||July 17, 2014|
|15.5||ESD #1||Jun, 2010||Released||CR list||Jun 30, 2010||Released Jun 2010|
|15.5||ESD #2||Sep, 2010||Released||CR list||Sep 23, 2010||Released Sep 2010|
|15.5||ESD #3||Feb, 2011||Released||CR list||Mar 15, 2011||Released Feb 2011|
|15.5||ESD #4||Jul, 2011||Released||CR list||Aug 18, 2011||Released Jul 2011|
|15.5||ESD #5||Dec, 2011||Released||CR list||Dec 22, 2012||Released Dec 2011|
|15.5||ESD #5.1||Jun, 2012||Released||CR list||Jul 18, 2012||Released Jul 2012|
|15.5||ESD #5.2||Dec, 2012||Released||CR list||Jan 7, 2013||Released Dec 2012|
|15.5||ESD #5.3||Aug, 2013||Released||CR list||Sep 12, 2013||Released Aug 2013|
|15.5||ESD #5.4||Aug, 2014||On Target||CR list||Jul 17, 2014|
|15.7||ESD #1||Feb, 2012||Released||CR list||Mar 23, 2012||Released Feb 2012|
|15.7||ESD #1 Refresh#1||Jul, 2012||Released||CR list||Jul 26, 2012||Released Jul 2012|
|15.7||ESD #1 Refresh#2||Jul, 2012||Released||CR list||Jul 26, 2012||Released Jul 2012|
|15.7||ESD #2||Aug, 2012||Released||CR list||Jul 16, 2012||Released Aug 2012|
|15.7||ESD #3||Dec, 2012||Released||CR list||Jan 7, 2013||Released Dec 2012|
|15.7||ESD #3.1||Feb, 2013||Released||CR list||Mar 4, 2013||Released Feb 2013|
|15.7||ESD #4||Jan, 2013||Released||CR list||Feb 6, 2013||Released Jan 2013|
|15.7||ESD #4.1||Feb, 2013||Released||CR list||Mar 4, 2013||Released Feb 2013|
|15.7||ESD #4.2||Apr, 2013||Released||CR list||May 14, 2013||Released Apr 2013|
|15.7||SP50 (ESD #4.3)||Jul, 2013||Released||CR list||Jul 25, 2013||Released Jul 2013|
|15.7||SP51||Sep, 2013||Released||CR list||Oct 21, 2013||Released Sep 2013
|15.7||SP52||May, 2014||Released||CR list||May 28, 2014
||Released May 2014|
||CR list||Dec 21, 2013||Released Dec 2013
||CR list||Mar 14, 2014||Released Mar 2014
|15.7||SP62 (was SP70)
||CR list||May 14, 2014||Released May 2014
||CR list||Jul 17, 2014||Released Jul 2014; Windows July 25|
|15.7||SP100||May, 2013||Released||CR list||May 31, 2013||Released May 2013|
|15.7||SP101||Jun, 2013||Released||CR list||Jun 20, 2013||Released Jun 2013|
|15.7||SP102||Jul, 2013||Released||CR list||Sep 12, 2013||Released Jul 2013|
|15.7||SP103||Sep, 2013||Released||CR list||Oct 21, 2013||Released Sep 2013
|15.7||SP104||May, 2014||Released||CR list||May 14, 2014||Released May 2014|
|15.7||SP110||Nov, 2013||Released||CR list||Jan 1, 2014||Released Nov 2013
|15.7||SP111||May, 2014||Released||CR list||May 14, 2014||Released May 2014|
|15.7||SP121 (was SP120)||Apr, 2014
||CR list||Apr 17, 2014||Released Apr 2014
|15.7||SP122||May, 2014||Released||CR list||May 14, 2014||Released May, 2014|
||On Target||CR list||Jul 17, 2014|
- Release Terminology:
- EBF: An official software release from Sybase. The term applies to ASE releases. An EBF number uniquely identifies a given release on an individual platform.
- ESD: An official release from Sybase that addresses several bugs in a currently supported release. An ESD # is typically generic across platforms. ESDs typically do not contain new functionality. Bug fixes in ESDs are cumulative for a given major release. ESDs must be installed over the base GA release.
- GA (General Availability): The initial release of a new, version of Sybase software. This release typically contains several new features, in addition to bug fixes.
- IR (Interim Release): This type of release contains all the fixes in previous ESDs together with other bug fixes. IRs must be installed over their corresponding GA release. For example, 188.8.131.52 must be installed over the base 12.5 GA release or one of its ESDs.
- MR (Maintenance Release): This type of release is a full replacement for GA releases. As it is a shelf copy replacement for the original GA release, it may be installed directly to a new location or by overlaying an existing release. This type of release may contain several new features in addition to bug fixes.
- SP (Support Package): Software patches currently known to Sybase customers as ESD (Electronic Software Delivery) following major or minor releases will be referred to as SP (support package), with numbers of up to three digits. All major and minor releases will have a minimum of 2 years of mainstream maintenance, with a minimum of 1 year overlap with next successive release. For more information please refer to this page.
- EBF entries in italics have already been released and are unlikely to be updated after the last modified date shown.
- Updates may be made prior to the next scheduled update of this posting. For example, when an EBF is actually released or if there are major delays to an EBF previously scheduled to release shortly.
- EBF cover letters contain the final list of bug fixes and correct bug descriptions in a release. The CR lists above are only targets and not final.
- The release schedule is based on the general assumption that EBFs across platforms will be released around the same timeframe, if not on the same date. Major exceptions will be noted in the Notes column of the table.
- Release Terminology: