October 1, 2004
Dear valued Sybase/iAnywhere customer:
This letter provides notification of the end of engineering support for M-Business Studio version 2.0.x, Wireless Studio version 1.0.x, and their associated development and deployment components. Engineering support for all of the M-Business Studio and Wireless Studio products and components will end October 1, 2005.
The specific products and components associated with the m-Business Studio and the Wireless Studio product lines include:
- Wireless Studio 1.0.x
- M-Business Studio 2.0.x
- Wireless Server, Advanced and Enterprise Deployments, All versions.
- Wireless Server SAP R/3 Deployment, Developer, and Solutions Pack
- Messaging SDK, ExpressQ, Smart IP and Mobility Manager
- Time Tracker
As you evaluate your M-Business Studio 2.0.x and Wireless Studio 1.0.x software projects and deployments, please consider that Sybase's iAnywhere subsidiary is recognized as the worldwide mobile middleware leader, and offers the industry's most complete line of mobile enterprise solutions for extending the reach of enterprise applications to mobile users. Our mobile enterprise portfolio ranges from infrastructure software to targeted business solutions and applications that address specific business needs, such as sales force automation, mobile email and PIM, and device and application management.
iAnywhere mobile products and solutions include:
- Database & synchronization - SQL Anywhere is the leading mobile database and synchronization solution with a 73% share of the mobile database market. It uniquely gives mobile users "always available" access to enterprise data and applications.
- Mobile & Wireless Web -M-Business Anywhere provides a platform for delivering Web-based content and applications to mobile devices throughout the enterprise rapidly and cost-effectively. This technology powers the popular AvantGo mobile Internet service, with more than 10 million registered subscribers.
- Mobile Email and Applications - Pylon products extend existing Lotus Notes and Microsoft Exchange infrastructure (corporate email, calendar, contacts, task lists, expenses, and custom Notes applications) to mobile devices.
- Store-and-forward messaging - The QAnywhere option available in SQL Anywhere Studio v9.0.1 allows developers to create Pocket PC and Windows 32 smart-client applications using a queue-based development model.
- Interfaces to SAP, Siebel, Tibco, JMS - Developers can interface mobile applications with common enterprise systems by integrating SQL Anywhere Studio and Sybase Information Orchestrator.
Please take a moment to visit the Sybase iAnywhere website and the Developer Community website to learn more about the different mobile solutions and infrastructures that are possible with iAnywhere technologies.
Sybase encourages you to begin migration plans of your M-Business Studio 2.0.x and Wireless Studio 1.0.x software as soon as possible in order to be completed before the end of engineering support. Customers who currently have a M-Business Studio support plan are eligible to receive free license transfers to Sybase EAServer and SQL Anywhere v9 UltraLite with MobiLink if they call Sybase Customer Service by January 1, 2005.
For customers having a current Support Agreement for a product who have elected not to migrate to a new product by the end of engineering support, continued limited technical support assistance will be made available, subject to the availability of resources. This limited assistance after the end of engineering support consists of providing existing interim releases (i.e.; updates, if any, developed for the product prior to the end of engineering support), telephone and electronic assistance, and migration advice to customers migrating to Sybase supported products. It does not include engineering support, new bug fixes or integration of any bug fixes into previous updates.
If you have any questions, or to receive your free product license replacements, please call your local Sybase Technical Support Center. One of our Customer Service representatives will respond to your questions or direct your call to someone who can. In the USA and Canada call 1-800-8-SYBASE, option 3 for Customer Service.
Thank you for your cooperation in this product transition. We are very excited about the continuous improvements and innovations in our product offerings and look forward to continuing to partner with you.
Product Manager, iAnywhere Solutions
A Sybase Company