The following document describes how to install and run the UltraLite for Java Customer Demonstration (CustDB) sample on the Sharp SL-5500 zaurus.
CustDB is a sample included in SQLAnywhere 8.0 and can be found in \Program Files\Sybase\SQL Anywhere 8\Samples\CustDB\Java.
Note: This sample was compiled using JDK 1.1.8.
- Download and unzip the file custdb_zaurus.zip to your desktop computer. This ZIP file contains the following files:
- custdb.jar - The application JAR file
- ulrt.jar - The UltraLite runtime
- custdb.Database.udb - Sample UltraLite database
- custdb.desktop - Desktop settings for Zaurus
- runcustdb - Script to run CustDB
- custdb.zip - Source code
- In your Zaurus device, create a directory under /home/root/ called CustDB.
- Transfer the files custdb.jar and ulrt.jar to the directory /home/root/CustDB/.
- Transfer the file custdb.Database.udb to the directory /home/root/.
- Transfer the file custdb.desktop to the directory /home/QtPalmtop/apps/Jeode/.
- Transfer the file runcustdb to the directory /home/QtPalmtop/bin/.
- Change the file access permission of runcustdb to allow execute (e.g.: chmod +x runcustdb )
- Restart Qtopia using the Shutdown application in Settings tab.
Running the Demo
- Tap on the Jeode tab, you will see an icon for CustDB.
- Tap the CustDB icon, you will see the CustDB main dialog.
Synchronizing the Application
To synchronize the application, you will need to start the MobiLink Server Sample that is installed with SQL Anywhere 8. You will also need to recompile the source code because you must change the default host name (localhost) to the host name of the machine running the MobiLink Server. The files that require changes are custdb.java and application.java.